Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Heat Getting You Down?: Keeping Cool with Moringa and Kudzu Tea

I want to thank all of you for reading my blogs. I have had a difficult adjustment getting used to having my father-in-law here in our home with severe dementia full time. Even with two of us, daily life gets fractured with his needs. It was the right move from the heart and morally. We are all he has. He is too bad for just assisted living and not bad enough for a nursing home. So am trying to get back into my writing again after a few weeks of adjustment for all of us.   You must find the peace within you despite outside circumstances.  I would ask for your patience while I take these new steps on this chapter of our life. 

Heat Getting You Down?  Moringa and Kudzu tea to the rescue! 
















There are many drinks favored by people when the heat gets you down. The problem is many people drink soda. Soda has sugar, chemicals, caffeine, and is not good for you. Ice tea is not much better for you either.  I know you get tired of water, so do I.  Along with water, brew up a pot full of Moringa tea, then put it in the refrigerator.  Moringa tea feeds the tired body and is only good for you. Add it to apple tea for a different taste or add fresh mint.  It will revitalize your fatigue and strengthen you!


Living in Tennessee, we have miles of kudzu, with a whole private gorge filled with it.  I began researching it, since we have it everywhere.  It turns out it is great for livestock and they love it. It is also used in Japan and China as medicine. It has a great deal of nutrition in it for humans too. You can eat the young leaves in salads and it makes a great hot or cold drink. The tea is pretty simple to brew. You pick the young leaves, wash them, steep them in boiling water, strain, and put the tea in the refrigerator.  The cool tea is refreshing and energizing as well.   So if you live in the South, brew some of the Kudzu to keep cool. I will be talking more about Kudzu in another column. If you can beat um, eat um. Kudzu is considered a weed here since it has devoured much of the south, but since it is grows here abundantly, why not use it!

Remember along with Moringa and Kudzu tea, drink water to keep refreshed as well. Avoid the heavy foods, go with lighter meals.


Don't overdo chores! Mowing is a weekly chore here, almost two acres of  uphill mowing with a regular mower. No need for a gym membership here.


If you out mowing or working in the yard, stop when you feel the heat getting to you. It is so hard to stop when the job is not finished. With the heavy humidity here, it takes very little to be soak and wet.   It really takes it out of you. 

Heat stroke can take you rapidly, so work early in the morning and after 5 when its cooler. Don't overdo!  If you see your kids or spouse overheated, go out and stop them working. My husband gets so intent on finishing the job, he almost does himself in. I can look at him from our bathroom window and see he needs to stop. 

We do mowing in shifts with an hour for him, an hour for me to make sure we don't overdo things.  Have water available on the porch so you can stop for a break and drink water. Wear a hat and sunscreen. 

In Tennessee, wear a dark or white shirt, not a colored shirt. Yellow, pink, and pretty colors attracts bees and black wasps.  I call my pretty T-shirts, wasp shirts.  I only wear them on errands. 

Wear a bandana on your forehead to keep your face dryer. In my life, I never sweated as much as I do here in the summers. I lived in El Centro, CA for 15 years with heat up to 115 for several months but this is worse. We love it here, so this comes with the area.

Keep cool this week! Bye for now.
Kate Freer, the herbladyisin


I hope this gives you  insight for helping your beloved Moringa trees survive. I do not sell Moringa products as of Sept, 2016. I am working on a project that demands an unbiased viewpoint. 

Kate Freer, the Herbladyisin

NOTICE:

I do not sell Moringa products as of Sept, 2016. I am working on a project that demands an unbiased viewpoint. 

If you want to buy from my favorite herb, vitamins, and supplement companies. visit my store here


Kate Freer, the Herbladyisin


No comments:

Post a Comment