Wednesday, July 8, 2015

3 Misdiagnoses by Three Doctors- Finally The Answer to the Mystery Rash

The story today is why I rarely go to doctors except for my yearly exam. We will get $400 dollars of medical bills in a month.  The problem could have been solved with the first visit, but was misdiagnosed. We should not have to pay doctors who misdiagnose illness.

I have waited to update you on the mystery rash until the lab culture came back.  Now during this time, the rash on both arms had spread to 2 inches below the shoulder blade. The rash was spreading up the nerve path on both arms at the same rate. The skin burned, itched, was sensitive to anything touching it...then welts appeared.

Most of the other welted areas had stopped spreading.  The horrible itching and pain had also gotten to a tolerable level but only two days ago.  I still have some nasty welts from the elbow to the shoulder blade on both arms. It is not over until all  areas heal.

The lab results showed a bacterial infection, not allergic dermatitis. The culture did not specify what exact bacteria but that was the infection culprit.

Three doctors including a dermatologist misdiagnosed it as allergic dermatitis.  None of them listened to the fact that first there were wounds in the area from chicken wire, then the rash started after weeding for two days. The rash began in the area of the wounds.  I told all three doctors that and they said it was nothing but allergic dermatitis.

The dermatologist only cultured the welts because I was adamant about it.  The other clinic only gave me antibiotics because I was persistent.  It is rare that I take standard medicine but the rash, the horrible itching and burning was the worst I had ever endured.  The rash was spreading so rapidly that I decided that I needed to take them. I have never experienced a rash that tea tree oil and goldenseal could not stop in its tracks. Tea tree oil normally will quickly stop the itching and pain of most everything including stings, bites, and infections. Goldenseal will normally stop staph infections. We use it on my husband often. He gets torn places in his skin often. The only ointment that worked after trying almost everything in the house was Preparation-H oddly enough. It was the last thing to try. Aloe, goldenseal, tea tree oil, A and D, hydrocortisone, and a few others did not phase the itching and pain.

I kept up the Goldenseal, massive amounts of Vitamin C, and the Esseac as well, taking them at separate times from the antibiotics.  Since the rash was popping up on different parts of the body, I felt it was in the bloodstream as well. I did not feel well either.   The Esseac is a blood cleanser and helps the liver to get rid of toxins.    I also washed my whole body with Tea Tree skin wash.

If I had not treated it as an infection, the rash would have been much, much worse.  If I had waited until the culture results, it would have spread much more aggressively. I had rash areas on the stomach, the leg, and both arms as it was.

The whole reason I am relating this to you is that doctors often are wrong on their diagnosis. They often do not listen to the patient.  You must fight them at times to get the proper tests done. You must press them hard at times.  I had to get rude to the dermatologist to get her to do the culture. I can do it she said but nothing is going to show up.  I told her that she was wrong and I wanted the culture done.  She was not happy that I challenged her.   She was flat out wrong and I knew it.

People die every day because doctors do not listen to their patients.  Patients suffer for months because of misdiagnosis.   The main reason I wanted a culture, is to know what I was up against. It could have been staph, strep, or some other bacteria. It took three doctor visits  to get a culture done.  It helps to know what is attacking your system.

What  I learned from the past two weeks, is that I will not garden again without protection over my hands and forearms.  I cut the end off some old socks which works to cover the forearm area. This will protect them against bug bites and dirt.  All these years, I have never suffered a rash from weeding.  It only takes one experience like this,  two weeks of misery to realize I probably was lucky before. Perhaps my immune system was down. My forearms may be scared, it remains to be seen. They both sun appear burned with scattered welts in various stages of healing.

Again I shared this with you to demonstrate why you must be proactive dealing with the medical system. You must stand up to them at times.  Challenge them if you are certain they are wrong or will not perform a test. Your life may depend on it at some point.

This is all for now....Kate Freer, the Herbladyisin





No comments:

Post a Comment