Growing and Using Moringa, Comfrey, and Healing Herbs

Learn how to grow and use Moringa Trees, Comfrey, medicinal herbs, adaptogen herbs such as Jiaogulan, and herbal medicine to create vibrant health and an enriched life style. There are a number of herbs you can grown at home which is fun and great for your health. Learn Tips on feeding your pets and livestock naturally with organic greens such as Comfrey, Kudzu, plantain, and Moringa. Get back to your roots in a healthy way.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Further Comments on Ziji Products with Responses From Those Selling Ziji

This was my comment from an earlier post after several different conversations from three people using the Ziji products.    

 I have then posted an upset response from one of the Ziji representatives.    

I offer my NEW responses to her comment. 

My earlier comment on Ziji products.  

I have had several customers call me about Ziji drink packs.  I am told they give you almost instant energy like coffee.  The powder if you take it out of the bag contains white granules. The package does not tell you what is in it. 

 

I would bet money that the package contains some form of sugar and perhaps herbs that contain caffeine. If a drink gives you instant energy, it more likely does contain caffeine in some form or another. So if you are thinking that it is just Moringa, you are wrong.  

 

No pure Moringa product is going to make you feel as if you have had a shot of coffee.  Pure Moringa leaves do not contain caffeine.   

 

Pure Moringa feeds the energy system giving you more energy but not like coffee.  

 

I welcome someone in Ziji management to call me or write to me to dispute this comment.  Let them tell all of us what is really in those drink packets. I know their XM3 capsules do contain caffeine.  

 

I have several issues with their products. I don't like to make my customers agree to an expensive auto ship program. It is multilevel and thereby more expensive.  

 

Their products do not tell you completely what is in them. I personally don't buy anything where the label does not specify what different herbs are included and the milligrams of each herb included in each capsule. 

 

I would wager that it is not pure Moringa by any means. So this is my personal view on Ziji products.  

 

I am holding to the purer version of this beautiful, powerful food product. I believe in the long run, the closer we keep to nature and how nature made a product, the better off our health is. 

 

This is the written response from one Ziji respresentative:   


 "Everything you need to know about any Zija product is found at www.drinklifein.com and click on products.. pamphlets are given out for all items sold by Zija, ingredients are printed on packaging of each product. Please research before you go hating on a product. Its easy to find out what you need to know about Zija and their ALL NATURAL products. 

Total Calories 38, Total Carbohydrates 10g, Pure Cane Sugar 4g, Zija Proprietary Mix (Moringa Mix (Leaf Powder, Seed Cake, Fruit Powder, Fruit Juice). 

Ingredients: Zija Proprietary Mix, Pure Cane Sugar, Natural Green Tea Concentrate, Natural Desert Tea (Ephedra nevadensis), Natural Caffeine, Trimethyglycine, Ginseng, Garlic, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Agar, Fruit Pectin, Acacia.  "

 

 

My Further Comments now:    

Their products do contain natural caffeine as I suggested. It is not Moringa powder by itself.  How much Moringa powder is in the product? That is not clear.  


Again if a drink gives you the same feel as a shot of energy drink or coffee .....it has natural caffeine in it. 

 

See the above yellow highlighted ingredients.   

Caffeine is caffeine...natural or not. Natural caffeine still stresses the adrenal glands as coffee does. Coffee and black tea are also natural products as well.   

 

Natural caffeine still affects the nervous system and the adrenal system in the same way.  

 

It is a way of stimulating the adrenals to work harder when they are tired. There is natural energy and there is stimulated energy. 

 

For those of you who do not think caffeine is addicting. I challenge you to stop drinking your caffeine drinks, natural or others, and see how you feel. Stop them if they are not addicting.  What have you got to lose if I am wrong. If I am wrong, you will feel just as great as you do when you drink them everyday.  If I am wrong, there will be NO effect if you stop the coffee and drinks infused with caffeine.  Prove it to yourself they are not addicting. My challenge for the month.  Be honest!


What Is Ephedra Used for Today?

"Although it can still be found in a few over-the-counter drugs for asthma and sinus congestion (in a safer form than the banned dietary supplements), physicians seldom prescribe ephedrine anymore. The problem is that ephedrine mimics the effects of adrenaline and causes symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, agitation, insomnia, nausea, and loss of appetite. The newer asthma drugs are much safer and easier to tolerate."  This comment is from Web-MD on Ephedra. 

You cannot compare the effects of taking straight pure Moringa powder with nothing added....  to products with other herbs and natural caffeine.  

 

Ziji proprietary mix means that you do not know how much of each ingredient is in the packet.  It is the companies protected recipe for the product. How much Ephedra? How much Ginseng? How Much garlic? How much green tea?  How much pure cane sugar? Sugar is the first main ingredient in the proprietary mix. I am sure with all that we eat with sugar in it, we need more. It does not state the amount of those individual ingredients. The quantity of these natural caffeine ingredients included in the product can make a huge difference in your response to that product. 


You cannot know where the Moringa in the product was grown. Was it bought from India? Where was the product grown? You don't know.  They buy it from many different sources, because they sell thousands and thousands of products. 

 

I like being able to tell you our product was grown and bought from one farm in Honduras.  That makes me feel good that I can answer that question when you ask. 

 

I am sure Ziji is prepared with quality standards and is safe. That is not my issue with the company. It may taste wonderful. It has many customers and is very popular. It is that any product offered multi-level is more expensive to the end consumer. The auto ship requirements are high for families.  I am not an advocate of multi-level and that is just my personal view. 


It is also that people I have talked to don't seem to realize there is caffeine in the products. They then wonder why Moringa powder by itself does not give them the same 'kick" that  Ziji products do.


I believe in the pure form of Moringa powder without added caffeine and other things....as a pure food with supercharged nutrition.   

 

The people who talked to me could not tell me the ingredients on the package they had?  They use the product. Why was that? I asked them to read me the ingredients?  These people called me to ask if Moringa Leaf powder by itself would give them the same energy high as the Ziji product.  No, my product contains no caffeine. 


If you want caffeine, I am sure their drinks are healthier for you than other products.  They may sell products with only Moringa in them. I hope they do. Again I have issue with the price and the caffeine.

I have not drunk coffee for years...why...it chews up my stomach with pain.  I get bladder burning as well. I drink very little black tea because of the same reason.  I gave up ice tea 20 years ago although I love the taste of it.  All of it contributes to making the body acid. The acid in coffee and tea, will flare up arthritis issues. Drinking acid drinks such as coffee, tea, and cola can contribute to an imbalance in the body...being too acid.  So drinks like coffee contribute acid and caffeine which for some is a prescription for stomach problems.  

Decaffeinated drinks still have the acid in them.  Even doctors will tell you that more than three cups of coffee is not good for you.  Most people who drink these beverages, drink over three cups per day.  People who drink these drinks, often don't drink enough pure water. That is what they really need. More water and less of the other stuff. 


I rely on natural energy without caffeine from any source.  I use 4 Moringa caps in the morning to get me going or Moringa tea....no added anything.   

 

This is my column and I have a right to my view. You don't have to agree with it. That is fine.  I have now given your response to my comments. I have now represented your view.  That is fair. It is up to every individual to decide their health and what they choose to eat or drink.  

Kate Freer, the Herbladyisin

 Update: We now live in Indian Mound, TN as of 1-15-2015

Buy USDA Organic Certified Moringa Powder, Tea, and Capsules from Ecuador. The products are tested and shipped from a US/GMP compliant lab in Connecticut. 












Visit Nature's Sunshine Herbs, Essential Oils, Flower Remedies, and so much more here




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home