Growing and Using Moringa, Comfrey, and Healing Herbs

Learn how to grow and use Moringa Trees, Comfrey, medicinal herbs, adaptogen herbs such as Jiaogulan, and herbal medicine to create vibrant health and an enriched life style. There are a number of herbs you can grown at home which is fun and great for your health. Learn Tips on feeding your pets and livestock naturally with organic greens such as Comfrey, Kudzu, plantain, and Moringa. Get back to your roots in a healthy way.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Getting The Jump on Spring --with Moringa and Herbs

I hope all of you had an awesome weekend. My son and his wife celebrated their 1st anniversary. They are expecting a new baby at the end of May. All the rest of my grandchildren are teens and preteens. They sure do grow up quickly. Life is so short.

Well about 4 weeks ago I told you I was testing the new seed I had purchased. I planted a few cucumbers, Swiss chard, and tomatoes as well for fun. Most of the 32 cells got Moringa oleifera seeds. They all did great. The problem when you do this, is that you hate not to use them. These are growing so well, four needed to be transplanted in 1 gallons. Now I wish I had a greenhouse but at present the living room table has been turned into seed starting. By the time winter is truly over here, they will be well be well on their way toward fruit. I got 6 weeks start on Spring. One of the business goals this year is to get that greenhouse built.  I will look forward is to reclaiming my kitchen table. As you know, we have moved too much.  It is just great this year to concentrate on the business and garden, rather than moving. I wouldn't mind never seeing a U-hall again. All the moved were steps forward, but still very stressful. Despite the rough climate, we do love it here. There is a real beauty to this area with its wild horses, quail, and wildlife. I would miss the beauty of the mountains from our office and living room. We can see the storms move over the mountains from Carson and Reno.

Moringa seeds grow quickly and you need to move them before they get too ingrained in the jiffy pot. They have a long tap root. Try to disturb the roots as little as possible when you move them. Use organic potting soil for their new home. Make sure you water them in the new pot. Make sure water does not sit around their roots. Well draining soil and pots in so very important.  Most of these will end up being raised in the house with our fierce winds and dry heat. I may try a few out in front of the house. They will have wind protection from the house itself.

I tried this last year, but the winds were worse than normal. Even our large lilac got burnt leaves from the heat and wind. These will not be transplanted into the large 20 and 33 gallons until two months from now. I will show you updates as they grow. I do have grow lights and that makes a huge difference. It would be hard to raise them in the house right now without lights. The heat mat under the seedlings really got them going quickly as well. Amazon has sales on the grow mats and lights so keep an eye out for sales.

Moringa Seeds ready for new home in 1-gallon pots


Space master Cucumbers doing really well
Four were growing roots so quickly, they needed to be re-potted. The rest can wait a few days.
Well this was my project for today. We lost electricity for two hours so did this for fun.   I never get tired of watching Moringa seeds grow. They love life and show it by their amazing growth.

Have a good day and good week.  I have some great seed for sale.  Go take a look at our seeds  here
I also sell exceptional Moringa leaf powder in capsules here as well.  Click on the link above.
Kate Freer the Herbladyisin


Update: We now live in Indian Mound, TN as of 1-15-2015

Buy USDA Organic Certified Moringa Powder, Tea, and Capsules from Ecuador. The products are tested and shipped from a US/GMP compliant lab in Connecticut. 












Visit Nature's Sunshine Herbs, Essential Oils, Flower Remedies, and so much more here





Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At March 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hello there and thank you for уour information – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm
    complaining, but sluggіsh loadіng instancеs times will very fгequently аffеct your placement іn googlе
    and cоuld damage youг quality sсore if advertisіng аnԁ mаrκeting wіth Adwοгԁs.
    Anywаy I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.

    My site; get ripped abs fast free

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home