Growing and Using Moringa, Comfrey, and Healing Herbs

Learn how to grow and use Moringa Trees, Comfrey, medicinal herbs, adaptogen herbs such as Jiaogulan, and herbal medicine to create vibrant health and an enriched life style. There are a number of herbs you can grown at home which is fun and great for your health. Learn Tips on feeding your pets and livestock naturally with organic greens such as Comfrey, Kudzu, plantain, and Moringa. Get back to your roots in a healthy way.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Are You a Senior? Boost Your Mental and Physical Health with Moringa



I will be 63 in July. Saying that I feel very good about where I am in my health.  Moringa is a an important part in my everyday life and meals. I drink Moringa tea. When my trees have leaves, I use them in salads and other foods. I make peanut butter balls mixed with Moringa powder. I put it in my yogurt. It is important that we maintain an optimal healthy eating program. This includes lots of organic fresh vegetables, organic eggs, fish, and organic meat.  If you grow your own food that is the very best you can do.  That is why I raise my own chickens, ducks, and rabbits. I grow my own vegetables every year. I will be showing all of you the pictures of our garden here later on in the year. It is still winter here.

You have two choices in your life: 

  • Live a unhealthy lifestyle, develop ill health,  then rely on  prescription drugs to keep you alive 
           or
  • Live a healthy lifestyle where you eat right, exercise, and use natural herbs and therapies as your medicine.
Now it is important to start a healthy lifestyle long before you reach your senior years so that you secure your health early. Once you have ruined your health, it is sometimes very difficult to bring it back again. Taking prescription drugs make it even more difficult.  You can change your life and eating at any time. Late is better than not at all. Every day of your life counts. So start today, this year to improve your health!

Of the two options above, I have chosen the last one. It is how I want to live the remaining years of my life. Taking Moringa everyday helps my husband and myself maintain our health and vitality. It gives support to my immune system and to every function of my body. It boosts my energy without caffeine and drugs. At this stage of our life, it is important to do all that we can to keep out of the doctor's office.

But many of us have older friends and family, who are in their last years, struggling with their mental and physical health.  How can Moringa help them?

For years, I spent time with the elderly. Most all of them suffer from deficiencies, from poor nutrition, from health problems and disease. The numerous prescription drugs they are taking cause nutritional imbalances and metabolic imbalances. Many seniors are in retirement homes or nursing home which serve over cooked, nutritionally deficient meals. They often only eat once a day. Often they suffer from depression and a poor appetite.

If you visit them on the 3rd floor or skilled nursing, they often are placed on liquid or soft food because they have lost their ability to swallow.  Baby food is what they are served and it tastes terrible. Often they don't eat or eat very little. These places often are short handed at meals to feed the patients who can't feed themselves. Even the expensive places suffer from worker shortages at times.  I experienced it all from direct observation and experience.  Much of the mental dullness and memory loss in the eldrely is due to the diet, dehydration,  and medications they are taking. So what can you do?

Bring them a Moringa smoothie to drink whenever you can.  Require the nursing staff to give them the Moringa capsules and a good, high quality multivitamin.  If they won't do that, they you give them those supplements when you are there visiting. If they require a doctors prescription, fight the system to get it done. You can put the Moringa powder in yogurt or applesauce which most seniors can and will eat.  Bring them a special canned juice and add the Moringa powder to that. What ever special food they can and will eat can become a way to get them the Moringa. Moringa increases their nutrition, supports their immune system, helps feed their brain function, and overall improves their health.  Don't expect miracles overnight. You must give them enough Moringa, long enough, to see results. I would start them with a tablespoon min a day. I would then slowly increase their intake up to 3 tablespoons per day.  Take them a yogurt when you visit infused with Moringa powder. If they notice the color, tell them it is a new flavor......St Patrick's Delight.

Fight for your right to give your elderly family members these important supplements. The best time to give them the Moringa is when they are back in their room, not in the central eating area.  The nursing staff will give you much pain over their rules and regulations. I used to get so mad.  The people on the skilled nursing floor are in varying stages of dying. Who cares if they eat special treats...they are dying. The state imposes these rules so that the dying must die with so little pleasure in life.  If you have them at home, you can let them eat what they want. I spent a weekend with a man who was dying. He only had a month to live. His daughter went to the bakery every day and got him his favorite chocolate deserts. He ate chocolate three times a day. He had only 4 weeks to live so what did it matter what he ate. It gave him a little pleasure in his last days. He died a few days later with brain cancer. There are times when you allow rules to be broken....dying is one of them.

Gingko is another supplement that can aid the elderly with their memory problems. It does not cure dementia but it can slow it down and soften the effects. Years ago, I was power of attorney for an elderly couple in a nursing home. It was one of those awful ones.  Since I couldn't talk them out of leaving that place, I fought the system and was able to get the nursing staff to give them their supplements. The lady had 4th stage dementia. She would ask the same question over and over. She drove the nursing staff nuts. I talked to her doctor and asked him for permission to try her on Gingko supplements. He agreed. We tried several supplement brands which did not work. I then went to one that was more expensive and that one did work on her. It reduced her repeated questions by 50%. This is a true story friends. Her doctor and nursing staff was elated.  Through that process, I saw for myself the difference between the quality of supplements. Some of them are junk and useless. Which is why people complain that herbs and alternative medicine does not work.  It is the quality of the product and how you take it that matters.

I sell exceptional USDA organic certified Moringa products in my store!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At March 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I for all time emailed this website post page to all my friends,
    as if like to read it then my friends will too.

    Have a look at my page ... http://phpfoxdev.indexcreativeonline.Com/

     
  • At March 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I drop a leave a response each time I appreciate a article on a site or if I
    have something to add to the discussion. It is caused by the passion communicated
    in the article I looked at. And on this post "Are You a Senior? Boost Your Mental and Physical Health with Moringa".
    I was actually moved enough to post a thought :-P I actually do have a couple of questions for you if
    you do not mind. Is it simply me or do a few of the comments look like they are written by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are writing at additional online social
    sites, I'd like to keep up with you. Could you make a list every one of your public sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    My blog post Chou
    Also see my webpage > 64155

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home