Friday, November 2, 2012

93 Year Old Body Builder .....His Secret for Youth

I read a wonderful story about a man today, Dr. Charles Eugster, in Britain who at 87 decided he wanted to be healthy. At 87 this retired dentist found himself overweight and his health slowly going downhill. So he joined a gym and hired a former Mr. Universe to train him.  He admits he is vane with humor. Now at 93 he can do more push ups than most of us in record time.  He says he is going after sexy 70 year old women...he wants a mate. He also wants to make sure that they know he is going to be alive for a few more years.  He works out three to four times a week.  This is pretty impressive for a man who did not start his exercise program until 87. At 87 most seniors are in wheel chairs or using a walking stick.  I have met in my life three people like him, one being a Seventh Day Adventist deacon.  Everyday he rode his bike several miles, then jumped in his pool for a lap or two.  He was 85 and had the energy and vitality of a man half his age.  You don't have to grow old and end up in a nursing home.  What are the qualities of these people?

Attitude: They are positive and think young. They see age as a blessing not an excuse to throw in the towel. They often hang out with younger people and are extremely active socially and in business. They work their mind at every opportunity. They live life to the fullest.

Laughter:  One of the factors in longevity is laughter. People who live a healthy long life know how to laugh. They know how to have fun and see the fun side of life. They laugh often and long. Comediennes like Bob Hope lived their life laughing and making others laugh right up to the time they died. Learn to see the lighter side of things. I say this as a serious German who did not know how to smile until I was grown. I was so serious even as a child, it was awful. I carried the world on my shoulders as a young child. It was not until I went to work along side a night crew shift in Alpha Beta at 21, that I learned to smile. I still have to work at the lighter side. I wish my mother who was serious as well, would have married an Irish man. His humor would have balanced out my mother's serious side. As it was, I got a double dose of serious in my personality. My husband who is always joking about everything has mellowed me. I had a short fuse for a long time at being teased. Now I even get him back at times. I no longer get upset. He has been great to balance my too-serious nature. It is healthy to laugh and joke. If you are too serious, as I was, learn to laugh. Learn how to have fun. It does not come naturally to all of us. It is important for a long healthy life. It also helps you to have more friends and to be more fun to be around. Laughter is worth cultivating!

Eating Healthy: This is so important for longevity.  You have choices....healthy or later drugs, wheelchairs, and walkers.  The longer you can avoid these options the better.  My father-in-law plays golf at 87. He only plays 9 holes at times, but he plays three times a week. It is his hobby, his life blood, and is keeping him going. Even though he drinks a bit too much, eats the wrong things at times, he overall is in better shape than most his age. He is a tough retired commander who I love.

Being Tough: This quality helps one to survive heart attacks, surgery, and other health events that would put most people in the grave or a rest home. This toughness plays out in a shorter recovery period and a better quality of life.  I have taken care of a few of them. They defy the odds, the doctors, and the insurance stats.

Physical Exercise:  It is needed to live a long, healthy life!  Even if you start older, it is better than never, always.  Physical exercise helps prevent Alzheimer's and other memory problems. Walk yourself, your neighbor, your husband, your kids, or your goats.....just walk! 

Mental Exercise: Use your brain as in cross word puzzles, games, and other activities that promote memory and brain activity.  This blog and research helps me to keep my brain sharp! My husband plays bridge online.  Whatever it takes, to get you there!

If you want a feel good story in a sea of negative, nasty election articles, go visit this article and video
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201210/93-year-old-bodybuilder-medical-marvel

Buy USDA Organic Certified Moringa Powder, Tea, and Capsules from Ecuador. The products are tested and shipped from a US/GMP compliant lab in Connecticut. 












Visit Nature's Sunshine Herbs, Essential Oils, Flower Remedies, and so much more here





3 comments:

  1. Grеаt deliverу. Ѕounԁ arguments.
    Keeρ uρ the аmazіng effort. Are There Any Cures For Ringing In The Ears

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brothег recommеndeԁ I might like thіs blog.
    He wаs еntiгelу гіght.
    Тhis pοѕt truly mаdе
    my dау. Yοu cann't believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks! www.Eatingcultures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up friends, its fantastic paragraph about cultureand entirely explained, keep it up all the time. treatment for bacterial vaginosis

    ReplyDelete