Monday, July 30, 2012

Moringa Trees Growth Milestone-Why Moringa Leaves Turn Yellow

Largest one is growing properly for the season. Several others are close behind. The sicks around the sides keep he cats from jumping up into the container. They are inexpensive and work.
 End of July Milestone for new Trees

I am happy to report that one of my young trees in the house has reached 48 inches and will cut it off soon, so that it can grow more branches from the base. I have two that are about 2 1/2 feet and several more that are about a foot. Not all grow because of the improper climate. If the tree fails to begin to grow, I pull it and put one in that is bigger and stronger. My goal is to get about 10-15 trees that are doing well to carry over the winter. Some will be in the living room or nursery and some in our back room which gets sun and is very warm. I will add a humidifier and small heater later in Sept when it cools down. I want to see how long keeping them inside, I can keep their growing and keeping their leaves.  As I go along, I will keep you updated on this whole experiment.  If I can grow them in the house here in Nevada, then I can direct more people on how to do it and succeed.

New additions to he family....three red hen babies and three little Guineafowl kits. The little gray one got out of their new pen three times.  She is an adventurer!


Moringa Leaves Turning Yellow: 

One reader ask me what he was doing wrong...yellow leaves that fell off the trees.  There could be several factors:

Too much water....don't water log the roots.... don't let them sit in water.
Not enough water....they need to be kept moist but not wet.
Too Small a container.......they grow fast, have a long deep root.....so don't root them in with too small a container.

Not enough sun and warmth

Soil that does not have organic animal fertilizer ....poor soil or overused soil.  It could be soil lacking iron as well.  Yellow leaves can mean an iron deficiency in the soil.

Too dry....no humidity. 

I hope by going over these factors above, you will figure out which problem is causing your Moringa tree to develop yellow leaves.

Signing off, Kate Freer, the Herbladyisin

Buy USDA Organic Certified Moringa Powder, Tea, and Capsules from Ecuador. The products are tested and shipped from a US/GMP compliant lab in Connecticut. 












Visit Nature's Sunshine Herbs, Essential Oils, Flower Remedies, and so much more here




2 comments:

  1. If you desire to take much from this piece of writing then you have to apply
    these strategies to your won website.

    My page healthy diet Plans
    my page - http://safedietplans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    We are in a cold climate, cold weather hit the tree. ALL the leaves had fallen and its still pretty small - about 7 inches. Would it survive without leaves? I read that new plant should come from the roots, but without photosynthesis, I am not sure if this willl happen?

    ReplyDelete