Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Amazing Moringa/Chocolate/Peanut Butter Cookies

Hi Folks,

I have one failing. I do love a little chocolate every day...not junk chocolate but the good stuff.  I don't over do it but it is one of my pleasures. I don't do soda, junk food, fast food, so this is my one mild vise. Most chocolate fixes are not good for you. They contain too much sugar, calories, wheat and other ingredients that do more harm than the good the chocolate does.

I normally use Moringa powder in tea, juice, applesauce, yogurt or cottage cheese.   So what about people who don't want the sugar, wheat or dairy products?  What about those of us with a chocolate craving?  I got this idea while taking a nap.  I rest but often my mind goes a mile a min while my body rests.  I wanted chocolate but not cookies...it is so easy to eat more than you should. I got a brain storm so got up to try it. My husband who is hard to please loved these too. So I am sharing this recipe with all my readers:

Moringa, Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, No Bake Cookie Balls

Put in a small bowl, one to two  heaping tablespoons of natural crunchy peanut butter. You can also use almond butter or any other nut butter you prefer.

Next add 1/2 tsp of honey

Throw in a few dark chocolate chips 

Last add in from 2 teaspoons of  Moringa Powder.  Mix well.

Roll the dough into a ball and roll in ground nuts. Put in the refrigerator for a few min or eat right then.

This small recipe makes two to four Moringa cookie balls.  Making them fresh takes 5 min and you won't eat too many at a sitting. They make a good afternoon snack or work for a serious chocolate attack.

They do not need to be baked so you preserve the Moringa goodness.  You  get the added protein of the nut butter without the bread or crackers. It satisfies your chocolate craving in two cookie balls.  A good serving of Moringa Powder per day is a couple of tablespoons.  This is just one more way to take in the incredible goodness of Moringa leaves. My husband was doubtful but loves them. Neither one of us needed anything more for lunch.  So now I get both Moringa and Chocolate in one yummy nutritious cookie ball.

Try it...it tastes so good...and is extremely satisfying for chocolate lovers. I am very picky....most things with chocolate are not satisfying enough to take the craving away.  I can eat chocolate chips by them selves and I don't like them...there is something missing for my taste buds.  Please try them and let me know how you liked them!


Have a great day folks.....

Kate Freer, The Herbladyisin


Please support this blog by buying your Moringa products through my website at 




No comments:

Post a Comment